Here’s a simple recipe for an old childhood favourite of mine…except its a much healthier one!
To cook this with store bought fish fingers and deep fried chips your fat count will go through the roof and thats not even counting the processed carbs in there!
What you’ll need
- 2 slices of brown bread
- 2 Cod or white meat fillets
- 1 Egg
- 100 g potatoes Peeled and sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Heat your oven to 180 oC
- Place your potatoes in a baking tray and lightly brush them with olive oil and put into the oven.
- While the potatoes are cooking, blend the bread into bread crumbs. Add the salt and pepper to taste
- Beat your egg and dip your fish into the egg wash coating it all. Then cover the fish in the bread crums, shaking off the excess.
- Place your breaded fish on a oven safe dish and bake for 20 mins or until cooked.
- Remove both the chips and fish, plate up and enjoy!
Remember to keep this recipe healthy and low in fat, only lightly brush the potatoes and use brown bread to coat your fish pieces.
Certified Personal Trainer