So you want your pancakes put still want to eat clean!? With this healthy pancake recipe you can have your pancakes and eat them too!
These pancakes are made from oats and wholemeal flower so they are much healthier than your regular batch and it also makes them Low GI meaning you’ll be fuller for longer!
Try this Recipe over your usual flower, egg and milk mixture…. I guarantee you wont regret it!
What you’ll need for the pancakes:
75g Porridge Oats
150g Wholemeal Flour
Cinnamon to taste
pinch of Salt to taste
1 Large Egg
275ml Skimmed Milk
For Cooking and dressing:
Scrape if coconut oil
Drizzle of honey
200g mixed fruit
2 tbsp fromage frais or natural yoghurt
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, oats cinnamon and the salt.
- Stir in the egg and 50mls of the milk
- Then slowly stir in the rest of the milk until the mixture becomes a smooth batter.
- Heat a large frying pan (non stick if possible!) and add the coconut oil.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of the batter to the pan and cook for about 2 minutes each side. The pancakes will be smaller than your regular pancakes but much thicker and much nicer!
- Drizzle the honey over the pancakes and serve with the fresh mixed fruit and yogurt mix….Yummy!!
Hope you like this recipe, its defiantly one of my favorites!
Click here to print a copy of this recipe: Healthy Oatmeal Pancakes