Here’s another delicious recipe to add to your cook book!
As per usual this recipe is simple to make using only single ingredient foods and is packed full of good sources of protein, fats and carbohydrates.
Recipe makes 4 servings so it’s perfect for lunches and dinners over 2 days or a family meal!
- 1 lb of lean mince
- 2 onions
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- 500mls of beef stock
- 1 Tin of kidney beans
- 1 Tin of chickpeas
- 1 tbsp of plain flour
- 4 tsp of chili powder (add more or less to taste)
- 2 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp of oregano
- Optional Extra: 80g(cooked Weight) basmati rice
- Sauté onions and garlic on a low heat for 5 -10mins then turn up heat and add mince.
- When mince is browned stir in the chilli powder, cumin, oregano and flour.
- Add a tin of chopped tomato and then gradually add beef stock (don’t add it all if it’s too watery – leave lid off so that some of the water reduces if it does get too watery)
- Empty the kidney beans and chick peas into a sieve and rinse with fresh water, then add to the pot.
- Stew for 40mins (lid on, stir occasionally)
- OPTIONAL: Serve With 80g Cooked weight Basmati Rice
Click on the link below to save or print a copy of this recipe:
Home Made Chili Beef